Monday, October 31, 2011

Shadow Project: Foster Gallery October 2011




For more information check out www.domesticityuwec.net.

      When faced with this project, initially I was quite nervous.  I had never done something like this and as a result I was quite nervous.  To my surprise, it was really fun.  We were able to really experiment with light and how to create something out of objects that don't resemble the object it creates. It took a great deal of trial and error to create this lamp, but I was part of a great team that worked well together.  
     As soon as we decided to create a lamp, we knew we wanted a light source from above, like the light a lamp gives off.  We then thought we would make a frame out of wire, but once we tried it, we realized that it wouldn't work very well.  We then though about using a sheet of glass, and put object on it to create a shadow.  We were able to use different objects to create the texture and shape of the project, and I am very excited about our results.

No comments:

Post a Comment